What does it mean to “be assertive”?
Taken from the dictionary, the word assertive means having or showing a confident and forceful personality. Now this does not mean negative aggression, it basically means to stand forward, bring yourself up and be heard.
How to be Assertive:
- Be confident! You have got to be confident in who you are and whose you are. You are a child of God. A child of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. A lion backs down for no one so neither should you! Be confident, say what needs to be said in a way that is edifying and gracious.
- Learn to say “NO”! If you don’t have an agenda for your life, someone will surely create one for you. Have plans for your life put together by you and the Lord, and stick to it. Anything that pulls you away from it deserves a “NO” and do not feel guilty when you have to say it to a friend or other. Do not become a “Yes” person, the world really have no respect for such persons believe me.
- Effective Communication is key. Take your time when you speak to others, do not allow your words to tumble all over each other. Say what you have to say clearly and in a manner that delivers a punch. The ability to communicate well has earned many the most desired promotion in time.
- What you can see in your minds eye, you can achieve. Can you see yourself as an authoritative figure? a person in high places? then learn to speak that way and carry yourself in that manner.
- Be calm and composed. Do not allow thoughts of inability to scare you. No one can be a better you. Be the best you. Don’t feel agitated because you have to say something you know is right. Do not let the world around you stop you from being you!
For competitive prices in beautiful ladies dresses visit gracarefashion.com